This post is also available in: Spanish
1. Public Affairs — Sends out e-mails, coordinates newsletter articles and layout. Stays in contact with county officials.
2. Security Patrol—Patrols neighborhood on designated day or days. Is aware of anything that seems suspicious or unusual behavior in accordance with the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Dept.
3. Welcome—Welcomes new residents and answers questions regarding neighborhood and county regulations. Gives them a packet of general information about their new neighborhood and Sarasota.
4. Membership—actively recruits new members to join Kensington Park Civic Assoc.
5. Activities—plans and implements community/neighborhood events. Works closely with the board members.
6. Nominating—this committee will be made up of three members who are not elected officials of Kensington Park. They will recruit neighbors who desire to be elected officials/ Board Members for the upcoming year. These elections will take place at the December Association meeting.
7. Unit Director— Deliver newsletters in assigned area, answer questions about neighborhood regulations, welcome new neighbors, spot any violations, thank neighbors for improving their home, introduce yourself.
8. Beautification–working in a team environment on various landscape projects, improving common areas, keeping our streets free of litter-especially entrances. Having some basic equipment is helpful but not necessary. This committee is about helping neighbors and increasing property values at no cost to residents. Thanks to all neighbors who are already keeping Kensington Park looking great.
9. Fundraising Committee
Kensington Park is currently accepting and seeking volunteers for all committee positions. Get involved in your neighborhood and make a difference.
WE NEED YOU
It is strongly recommended all committee volunteers be members of the KPCA
Please call me, Charlie Carson or any board member for more information. 363-0794
KPCA Volunteer Unit Directors
updated September 2014
UNIT # SECTION NAME PHONE ADDRESS UNIT #1 100 * Shane &Marcia Morris 587-1264 2028 Randa Blvd. firstname.lastname@example.org UNIT #2 164 Elda Trueworthy 955-0345 1803 Elk St. * Maggie Shire 232-2467 2216 Monica Pl. UNIT #3 130 Mary Jo Pribe 716-4569 2104 Ivy Pl. email@example.com UNIT #4 125 Francis Scheuer 720-5543 2812 Randa Blvd. Betty Bruquetas 400-8222 2759 Galleon Pl. firstname.lastname@example.org UNIT #5 155 Charles Carson 363-0794 4033 Prudence Cir. email@example.com OPEN *Brett Kanapaux 239-896-3752 3809 27th Pky firstname.lastname@example.org UNIT #6 161 OPEN Lori Cruckson 586-2423 3452 24th Pkwy. UNIT #7 188 * Tony Tabac 347-738-2485 3335 Fauna St. * Shane Kisiah 724-2909 3221 Dante Dr. Juan Muratti 586-4291 3314 Glouster St. email@example.com UNIT #9 99 * Ben Harrison 366-9479 4001 Tee Rd. OPEN *NEW
DUTIES OF UNIT DIRECTORS
- deliver newsletters
- set a good example for neighbors on your street
- ask a friend to help deliver newsletters
- circle homes on map for any code violations
- keep track of new neighbors. Notify welcome committee to officially welcome them to Kensington Park
- knock on a few doors to hand deliver newsletters and let them know what unit they’re in and introduce yourself. This especially good if their home looks nice
- It is our job to help neighbors solve any problems. If you don’t have the right information contact me or any board member
- Always avoid any confrontations
Notice homes that have been fixed up. This is a good reason to meet them and show our appreciation
UNIT DIRECTOR Charlie Carson 363-0794